Volunteers and community support form the backbone of Portland Playhouse. It is with their help and dedication that we continue to thrive and create magic, both onstage and behind the scenes.
Opportunities to lend a hand here at Portland Playhouse are available year round. Our family of volunteers help out in a number of capacities including ushering, administrative work, construction, gardening, painting, event planning, and more.
If you are interested in bringing theatre to life and want to learn more about ways you can join the family here at Portland Playhouse, please contact our House Manager, Anna Marie Brown, at email@example.com
- Vacuum with hose and attachments
- Airline and train tickets
- Bus passes
- Commuter bicycles in good condition
- Locking storage cabinets
- Home Depot / Parr Lumber / Hankins True Value gift cards (or other) for paint, lumber, hardware
- Janitorial services
- Genie Lift
- Table saw, drill press, cordless drills
- Storage shed/unit
- Rugs, dressers
- Offsite location for scenic construction and/or rehearsal
- Digital projectors (>4000 Lumens, DLP, three)
- Flat screen TV's and computer monitors
- Chain hoists (two, 1000lbs each)
- Curtains – theatrical, heavy
- Catering for Opening Nights
- Industrial Copier
- 11x17 printer
- Nice, comfortable couches
- Coat rack
- Stemless wine glasses
- All-inclusive weekend getaways (coast, Hood River, Mt. Hood, Seattle, San Francisco, Bend, NYC, Italy, London, etc.)
- Dinner-for-two gift certificates
- Floral gift certificates
- Unique experiences you can’t just buy (dinner with Matt Groening or a walk on role with Grimm, for example)
- Private airplane or hot air balloon ride
- Wine, spirits, beer
- Gift certificates to places like REI, New Seasons, Trader Joe’s, Bike Gallery, Powell’s, Portland Nursery, other arts organizations, spa packages, etc.
- Diamond ring
OTHER EXCITING WAYS TO HELP:
- Host a house-party for Portland Playhouse
- Host an out-of-town actor (for an eight week period)
- Host an apprentice (for 10 months)
…for more information:
CASTING & ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
If you are an actor interested in working at the Portland Playhouse, you can submit a headshot and resume to the email in any casting call listed below. Be sure to state the show and role you are submitting yourself for consideration, as well as your union status in the subject line of your email. If you are from out of town, please also state where you reside in the body of your email.
Every year we attend the Portland Area Theatre Alliance combined auditions, as well as holding season generals. Information on those can be found on the PATA and AEA websites. We hire both Equity and Non-Equity performers in accordance with union guidelines.