Directed by Brian Weaver
Yes, THAT Mr. Burns. Acclaimed playwright Anne Washburn leads us into an unlikely post-catastrophe, post-electricity future in which survivors pass the time recounting episodes from The Simpsons. As they are told, and told, and told again, these snippets from our pop culture become the stuff of epics, myths, and legends. Audiences in the hometown of Simpsons creator Matt Groening (and the city where playwright Washburn spent her college years) are in for a wacky, geeky, unapologetically original theatrical treat.
“Downright brilliant…With grand assurance and artistry, Ms. Washburn makes us appreciate anew the profound value of storytelling in and of itself… Mr. Burns…makes the case for theater as the most glorious and durable storyteller of all.”
- The New York Times
"...an intellectual rush, a sense of unexplored theatrical possibility...and the massive pull of shared experience." - The Chicago Tribune
Tobias Anderson – Sam
Brian Adrian Koch – Matt
Isaac Lamb – Gibson
Cristi Miles – Maria
Jennifer Rowe – Jenny
Kemba Shannon – Colleen
Laura Faye Smith – Quincy
Adriana Bordea, Emma Bridges,
Corinne Gaucher - Understudies
Brian Weaver – Director
Peter Ksander – Scenic and Lighting Designer
Ashton Hull – Costume Designer
Rachel Peterson Schmerge – Props Designer
Eric Nordin – Music Director
Steven Cantor - Assistant Music Director
Kemba Shannon – Choreographer
Meredith Matthews– Stage Manager
Thyra Hartshorn – Production Manger
Sarah Gehring – Assistant Director
Kristina Mast – Assistant Stage Manager
Alexandra Deahl – Assistant Set Designer
Ry Burke – Assistant Lighting Designer
WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK LIKE AS A SIMPSON?
Our acting apprentice Corinne Goucher gets a makeover
What would you look like if you were on The Simpsons? Make a donation* to Portland Playhouse from now until the close of MR. BURNS: A POST-ELECTRIC PLAY and find out! Here's how:
1. MAKE A DONATION to Portland Playhouse by clicking this link.
Select "MB Portrait" from the "Restricted Campaign" menu.
- Donate $10 or more and receive a shoulders-up portrait.
- Donate $50 or more and receive a full-body portrait of up to two people.
- Donate $100 or more and receive a family or friends portrait of up to five people on the couch. You know the one.
2. SEND YOUR PHOTO to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. RECEIVE YOUR PORTRAIT in the style of The Simpsons.
* When you give to The Playhouse through this promotion, half of your donation goes to the artist (up to $50) the rest goes to Portland Playhouse.
Extended through June 21st!
Act I takes place OUTSIDE (Rain or Shine) and runs 35 minutes.
Ponchos will be provided if needed
Total run time: 2 ½ hours.
Harold Goldstein & Carol Streeter
Regional Arts & Culture Council
Work for Art
The Collins Foundation
The Kinsman Foundation